Chinowth & Cohen Realtors is open in Sand Springs, Oklahoma! We are so excited to have offices in this wonderful community. The new office space is located in the Shops at Adams Road at 420 Plaza Court. Drop by and say hello! The staff and Associates are ready for business.
At the moment we're at 10 Associates and growing! Our Associates either live directly in Sand Springs or in the surrounding communities of Sand Springs. They work, live and play in this area. So, they know the market like the back of their hands.
A little trivia on Sand Springs.
- The earliest known settlement in the Sand Springs area dates back to 1826 with the Cherokee Indians settling there who came through the Trail of Tears.
- In 1908 Sand Springs became a town in Tulsa County. Wealthy oilman Charles Page bought a 160 acre tract of land and built a home for orphans.
- Page built the Sand Springs Railway in 1911 originally to reach the home. It then became the conduit for Sand Springs to become a suburb of Tulsa.
- In 1912 Sand Springs was incorporated with a population of 400. Page platted out the original town site. The flat areas were designated industrial. The hilly areas for residential.
- It became a thriving industrial and manufacturing area due to its abundance of natural gas and pure spring water.
- Today, Sand Springs has a population of 17,765